Saturday, February 15, 2014

Like Spring

It was 21 degrees when I walked to school on Tuesday.


It felt so warm that I unzipped my coat.


 On the way home, I found someone I know bringing out the recycling.


I think we've officially conquered our new-place slump. It seems like every time we move to a new state, we spend the first months being lazy and apathetic. And we always blame it on being busy.

It took a while, but we've stopped with the excuses. We've started working out, cooking meals, writing. There still isn't anything on our walls, but now that we're half way into a lease of an apartment we won't be staying in, it's hard to justify hanging anything.

I've finally found a coffee shop I like. Too bad it's 25 minutes away. 



Still, I think the neat loft building it's in might be worth the drive.


And I'm pretty sure this is the best latte I've ever had. 


Also, every time I climb out of the car, I get to try and determine what cereal the parking lot smells like. 

 
Speaking of food: This weekend we've tried two new recipes out of a cookbook I got this Christmas, Pasta e fagioli (delicious) and pancetta and sweet corn risotto (also delicious). We've also discovered that you can successfully substitute crisco with coconut oil.

Nothing says weekend like homemade biscuits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...