Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes with Marshmallow Meringue

You know you're on the right track when you start out a baking project by making chocolate covered cherries.





 What else would you top chocolate cherry cupcakes with?





These cupcakes are a combination of two different recipes. 

The batter was from Sandra Lee's Chocolate-Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes, which is an easy one because you know she's queen of the semi-homemade. The best part of this recipe is the cherry pie filling hiding on the inside. Though, I think next time I might throw in a chunk of chocolate too!

Click here for her recipe.


 


And the deliciously beautiful marshmallow meringue can be found here. This was my first time with a meringue and it was pretty simple, even when I couldn't be patient enough to beat it until it formed stiff peaks.

It's sweet and sticky and makes frosting quick--just dump some on the top.

And just look at them. C'mon.







Keep Eating - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Earl Grey Tea Cookies
Meatless Meatball Subs




 













3 comments:

  1. Those look AMAZING!!! If you find a way to ship them, I'd gladly take some of those since you're done with Danny's calendar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was eating the marshmallow meringue out of the bowl. If you found a way to ship me to your house, we could make them together. :)

      Delete
  2. It's looking so delicious, I saw this recipe at FoodNetwork. I will surely try it at my home, because I liked your Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes with Marshmallow Meringue. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...