Sunday, May 6, 2012

Lilac Bloomsday Run

This morning I woke up to the sound of running feet and cheering.



It was the Lilac Bloomsday Run, a 7.46-mile run that starts in downtown Spokane. Their route passed through a street that's right down the hill from my apartment.

There were some serious runners, some light joggers, and some playful walkers. 




These two girls had mustaches to accompany their sombreros and ponchos.






The first race was held in 1977 and has grown to over 50,000 runners.




I rode my bike to the edge of Browne's Addition and watched them cross the river.







I didn't know about it until yesterday, but next year, I might have to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...