Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Busted

Well friends, it's a sad day for those of us who managed to go a full year without turning in their Michigan driver's license, who thought we had slipped through the cracks, who, with less than a year left in the state, got a call from their insurance company on Saturday and realized they had been discovered.


I don't know why it's such a big deal, but it is. They took away my Michiganderness! There's no longer a bridge on my license! And now, when I show a bartender my ID there is no chance I'll end up in a 30 minute conversation about Michigan.

Now I'm just another, what, Washingtonian?


 

8 comments:

  1. Aww, well your license picture looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your license really all black and white?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the paper temporary version. I think the real version has red on it.

      Delete
  3. Okay. It looked sort of fake. Paper explains that. I love your disgust, though, it is very... convincing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's sad that you don't have your favorite bridge on the licence.. but it's so cool you're in Spokane! you're the closest blogger to us that we know about! we live in Sandpoint, Idaho. We moved in July from Russia. And I do share your feelings about this uncommon surroundings.. but still i'm glad to find you!
    ps: we're having a surprise painting giveaway on our blog this week - you're invited!
    Katie (and Ben)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how fun to have heard from someone so nearby! You are living near a very lovely lake. :)

      Delete
  5. :( it's hard to give up your id. i get this post so well. i'm still slipping under the cracks :D

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...