Thursday, January 19, 2012

Spinach, Gouda, & Mushroom Pinwheels

I love an appetizer that is easy to make and still seems to impress people.

I've made these pinwheels twice, and both times, they got a lot of compliments. What I really like:
  • there are only a few ingredients 
  • they're easy to make
  • the possibilities for variations are endless (different cheeses, veggies, etc)


 I used the recipe for Paula Dean's Spinach Gruyere Puff Pastry.


 I did pretty much everything the same, except I used Gouda instead of Gruyere because the only Gruyere my grocery store had was $13.00--couldn't do it. 

I also lined my baking sheets with parchment paper because they stuck the first time I used a greased sheet.



Find the recipe here.  Thanks, Paula Dean! I think next time I might stuff them with pesto!






Keep Eating - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Gorgonzola, Spinach, and Walnut Triangles
Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
   
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...