Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies

Ever since I ate my first lemon poppy seed cookie at the Rocket Bakery, I've been craving more.

And because I had a lot of grading to do, today was clearly the perfect day to bake them.



The yellow frosting reminds me of when I went to Spain with my high school Spanish class. One of our hosts served chocolate cake that had words written in yellow icing on top. I was afraid to eat it because I thought they had covered it in Cheese Whiz!

Anyway, I used the same recipe I mentioned around Christmas from the blog What's Megan Making. Find her recipe here.

This time, however, I cut the vanilla extract in half, added a teaspoon and a half lemon extract, and threw in a tablespoon of poppy seeds.

To color the frosting, I used 1/2 teaspoon turmeric.

Maybe the cheery yellow will help Joe get better faster! If not, he at least has his giant bottle of antibiotics. 









Keep Eating - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Chocolate Cake with Candied Orange Peels


 
Beet & Olive Salad
   
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...