Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fluffy Anise Sugar Cookies

You know what's good? When you don't have the ingredients you need and your hasty substitutions turn out to be delicious.

You know what else is good? A cookie.


When I saw the Lofthouse Style Soft Frosted Sugar Cookies from "What Megan Making," I tried not to get my hopes up. I didn't believe it was possible to make something so delicious.

But when I pulled mine out of the oven, I knew right away that Megan was a cookie genius.

I followed her recipe exactly, except I also added in 1 1/2 teaspoons anise extract. When it came time to make the frosting, I was out of vanilla, so I substituted it with equal parts Gran Marnier. The licorice flavor from the anise in the cookies combined very well with the orange from the Gran Marnier.

Twenty minutes and four cookies later, I knew I was in trouble.

Find the recipe from the blog "What's Megan Making" here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...