Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Stagnant Air Alert

For the last two days, this red altert has popped up on my weather tracker. Usually it's for snow, or winds, or fog, but I have never seen an Air Stagnation Alert. 



 When I click on the air quality link, I discover we have a moderate fine particles alert.

WHY ARE WEATHER ALERTS WRITTEN IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS? I FIND THESE DIFFICULT TO READ. WHY NOT, INSTEAD, ATTRACT OUR ATTENTION WITH SOME COLOR OR ARROWS OR PICTURES OF MODERATE FINE PARTICLES?

I'll translate into regular case letters:
A ridge of high air pressure has been building and plans to stick around for most of the week. Because not much is happening underneath this mass of pressure, pollution wants to cozy up inside this windless area of stagnant air and eventually get bored and move on to our lungs.

We'll just stay inside, cuddling with our air purifying plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...