Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Gingersnap Tea


When I was sick last week, one of my students came up to me after class and asked me if I had any ginger.

He guaranteed me that if I drank some ginger and molasses, I'd be healthy in two days. I'm not sure if it cured me, but it certainly made me happy.

Here's what I did:


Gingersnap Tea

Ingredients 
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1/4 cup warm milk
1/2 teaspoon molasses
1/4 teaspsoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
a tiny pinch of ground cloves
black or green tea (I've used green tea and Irish breakfast and both tasted great.)
whipped cream!

Directions
1. Toss the spices and molasses into a cup.
2. Steep tea in hot water for 3-5 minutes.
3. Pour warm milk and tea into the cup with the spices.
4. Stir, top with whipped cream, consider more whipped cream, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...