Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Crispy

Things are getting pretty crispy 'round here.

Just ask my friend, Mr. Magpie.

 

 Look at that giant tail! I keep meaning to write an essay on magpies. They deserve some appreciation.

Back to the crispiness:



And this isn't exactly crispy, but can you read the back of it? It says hardened, which is an interesting thing for a random lock on a bridge to say. I guess it's the brand, but I'm going to pretend there's some huge back-story that involves a crabby shut-in and special lock-engraving.



Anyway, how is your October turning out? It's a busy month here (birthdays and anniversary and school school school), and it was extra busy this year because I spent a lot of it working on the design and layout for Sundog Lit's first issue. Here's the cover:



It's been a lot of fun putting my amateur design and website skills to use. And it's been even more fun reading the submissions we've been getting.

We also have a visitor coming tomorrow--Joe's mom! She's going to be staying in the old mansion (now a bed and breakfast) just two doors down from us. Can't wait to see the inside.

Hope you're enjoying your October weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...