Monday, June 25, 2012

White Chocolate, Cherry, and Walnut Cookies



 

These cookies are from an adapted Betty Crocker recipe...again. I turn to ol' Betty a lot for cookies. She's never let me down. And the troubleshooting sections in her book are really helpful.

The recipe was originally for White Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies, but I was feeling too cheap to buy macadamia nuts. And I wanted to add a little tang from the cherries to cut the sweetness.

There they are. Ready to make something delicious.




These cookies get pretty crispy on the outside but stay soft on the inside. Or at least that's what my husband said. I always eat them when they are just out of the oven and still too soft to pick up in one piece.



You can find the recipe here. All I did differently was add 1/2 cup of chopped dried cherries and replaced the macadamia nuts with chopped walnuts.

I keep thinking about trying it with dried apricots. Would that be weird? I think it might be kind of perfect.

Happy cookie eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...