Monday, December 17, 2012

O Christmas Branch!

O Christmas Branch!
O Christmas Branch!
I found you by the river.




I'm almost finished for the semester, so I finally got around to getting out the Christmas decorations.

Joe and I have still never got a traditional Christmas tree, but decorating this branch I found down by the river was just as fun.

Of course, the idea I had in my head was much cuter. I was going to paint it, but was out of paint. Instead, I had carefully--and tediously--wrapped each part of the branch in lights, but when I plugged it in, half of them didn't work. I tested them first, I promise! As you can see, the light placement wasn't as careful the second time around.

Joe helped decorate when he got home that evening. When he ran out of places to hang things, he moved on to other plants. Christmas bamboo!



It has been snowing off and on lately, and isn't really sticking around, but it's comforting to have it while it's here.




It makes me wish we were going home for Christmas even more. I keep seeing some Philadelphia cream cheese commercial that makes me tear up: happy music, thick white snow, reunited friends, family baking. But it's comforting to know this will probably be our last Christmas without all those things. 

And I've got some pretty great company here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...