Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Gettin' There

Joe's going to be finished with school one week earlier than I am this semester. Tonight his nonfiction class is having their last meeting at our apartment. He's home now making chili.

I'm in the beautiful week before students hand in their final essays, so I have nothing to grade until then.

I've been finding all sorts of ways to use my free time:

I went to a concert at Gonzaga Sunday night.


There were three faculty musicians: a cellist, a violinist, and a pianist in a really beautiful room on campus. 


After that, a friend and I walked to a cute new bar/coffee shop called Boots. Look at the blender lights!



And the globe lights! It's so magical in there.



I've also found time to paint my spice jars (they used to be clear).




And to take up knitting again. I recently read somewhere that knitting improves your sleep and regulates blood pressure. So after an especially frustrating day of class last Friday, I drove straight from campus to Michael's to buy some more yarn.


 

I think it's working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...