Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Recovery

Things have been pretty lazy around here since thanksgiving. Chef Cedric has finally finished his massive bloody mary.


We didn't take too many food pictures this year. We were more concerned with eating it than documenting it.

Here are our appetizers though:


 

 And here are my pumpkin creme brulees hanging out in their water bath the night before.




And here's one after I torched it! 


I used Emeril's recipe, but I cut the spices in half to avoid it tasting too much like pumpkin pie. It was pretty good, but I think I prefer more subtle flavors for creme brulee.

Since then, we've just been eating and spending time with friends. Oh, and grading. Always grading.


And waiting for it to snow. Ahem, Spokane. Snow. Maybe?





2 comments:

  1. Hello! I just wanted to drop by and tell you how much I am enjoying your posts about Cedy. I also wanted you to know that he has a long-lost twin brother (who is also named Cedric)Currently he is visiting with other bloggers- around the U.S and England. If you are interested, I would LOVE for the two of them to visit. It would make for great photos! You can read about my Cedy's adventures on my blog here :)
    http://sandy-sandyscreations.blogspot.ca/2012/12/holidaze-with-cedric.html

    Please keep in touch and Happy Holidays!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy! Cedric would love to meet his long-lost twin! It's funny how they seem to have slightly different faces. Happy Holidays to you!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...