Monday, March 19, 2012

Carrot Soup!

Q. How many times had I eaten carrot soup before this?

A.   None!



But we had a fridge full of carrots left over from St. Patrick's Day.

I searched my cookbooks and crawled the web for about an hour (one of my favorite parts of cooking), trying to find the most appealing recipe. I wanted something that was mostly carrot but that didn't end up tasting like carrot juice.

I found Carrot Soup with Labeneh at Taste of Beirut.




It's really easy to make, and it has a nice bright flavor from the cilantro pesto. 




I used Greek yogurt because our store did not have labneh.  I also skipped the bullion cube because we are trying to avoid too much sodium (one cube had 1100 milligrams!).

This is one of those soups you feel good eating. And look at that color!

Find the recipe here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...