Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cranberry Orange Oatmeal

I've become obsessed with oatmeal. It's so easy, and it keeps me full for so long. I also love to see what all I can throw in there. This is definitely my favorite so far. Originally, the stewed cranberries were to add in our creme brule, but I used the leftovers for the oatmeal. If you used these measurements, you would probably have enough cranberry sauce for 4-6 servings.

You'll notice I don't really give you directions on how to make the actual oatmeal. Just do what you normally do, or read the back of the box and add the cranberry sauce to taste. You know what you like.

Ingredients:
2 cups fresh cranberries
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon Gran Marnier
1 tablespoon lemon zest 
Oatmeal (instant or regular, prepared to your liking/consistency)
Handful of walnuts

Instructions:
  1. In a medium sauce pan, combine the sugar, cranberries, Gran Marnier, and lemon zest, and let stew over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.    
  2. When the sauce has thickened and the cranberries are soft, add a couple spoonfuls to your prepared oatmeal.
  3. Top with walnuts.

That's it. So easy!  Not sweet enough for you? Throw in some brown sugar! Yeahhhh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...