Friday, September 30, 2011

What's That?

Something looks strange about my bank account about this morning. What could it be? Oh, I see, there's money in it!

First thing I'm going to buy: a new razor. In fact, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to my legs for the dull-blade abuse they have been enduring these past two months. But they pulled through, with most of my skin still intact.

Not only do we have money now (a least enough for bills), we actually have plans tonight too. This evening we are going to a bookstore downtown to see a writer read from his newly published book. And then, we are driving to Cheney to a party that is being thrown in this writer's honor. I'm not trying to be discrete or mysterious, I just don't remember the name, as it was told to me over a month ago. 

I just finished my Friday class and am ready for the weekend (even if it does involve more grading). Things are going well for Joe so far. Yesterday his students decided they wanted to take him out to lunch. They even bought! He seems happy to be teaching again and is staying busy with his grad work. He's reading a new nonfiction book a week, and if I was smart, I'd try to read them all too, just to put some discipline into my life.

Hopefully this weekend we will find some good chairs at goodwill! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I LOVE hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...